Director of Visitor Services
Summary of Duties
The Director of Visitor Services is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Paleontological Research Institution's two education venues — the Museum of the Earth and Cayuga Nature Center. Daily operations include admissions, visitor experience, retail functions, front-of-house bookkeeping and inventory control, and facility rentals. This position requires attention to detail, excellent communication and organization, and demonstrated experience managing a multi-dimensional business, non-profit organization or retail operation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a multi-dimensional business, non-profit organization or retail operation
- Minimum of three years of management experience.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Experience coordinating and planning events
- Ability to interact with the general public.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent writing skills.
- Flexible, well organized and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
How to Apply
Mail or email resume and cover letter to:
Paleontological Research Institution
Attn: Michael Lucas
1259 Trumansburg Rd.
Ithaca, NY 14850