Choose a level that meets your needs! Our Membership packages allow you free year-round admission to the Museum of the Earth and/or the Cayuga Nature Center or discounts on scientific research publications. Explore the past at the Museum with our world-class fossil collections, a unique mix of natural history displays, multi-sensory interactive exhibits, and art exhibitions. Discover the outdoors at the Nature Center with our miles of hiking trails, six-story tree house, live animal collection, and more.
Our Ecphora membership level was created for scientists and science enthusiasts with benefits that include private tours of the collection, reduced external bench fees, discounts on Summer Symposium, and more.
Your membership dues help support:
- Collections: PRI has a world-class collection; highlights include modern and Cenozoic mollusks, one of the most comprehensive Paleozoic invertebrate collections in the United States and the Zinsmeister collection of Antarctic mollusks.
- Education: PRI helps makes accessible the history of the Earth system, and the science by which we understand it, to audiences of all ages and backgrounds through a mix of Citizen Science projects, workshops, lectures, and publications.
- Publications: PRI publishes Bulletins of American Paleontology, the oldest paleontological journal in the Western Hemisphere, as well as numerous stand-alone books and booklets.
- Research: Ranging from conservation paleobiology to citizen science projects like Mastodon Matrix™, our scientists engage in research and actively publish their findings. PRI houses a library and a suite of newly renovated labs.
- Individual ($40)
- Admission to the Museum of the Earth and the Cayuga Nature Center for one person; Free reciprocal admission to over 300 science centers and museums worldwide through the ASTC passport program
- Senior (+65) ($30)
- Admission to the Museum of the Earth and the Cayuga Nature Center for one person; ASTC Passport program benefits
- Nature Center ($40)
- Admission to the Cayuga Nature Center and discounts on camp programs for a household (two adults and all children in the household under 18 or all grandchildren). ASTC passport not included.
- Museum ($65)
- Admission to the Museum of the Earth for a household (two adults and all children in the household under 18 or all grandchildren); ASTC Passport program benefits
- Museum Plus ($75)
- All the benefits of Museum level plus two extra guests; ASTC Passport program benefits
- Science and Nature ($95)
- (Best Value!) All the benefits of Museum Plus level and admission to the Cayuga Nature Center and camp discounts; ASTC Passport program benefits
- Ecphora ($60)
- A special science-related membership for those conducting research. Includes admission to the Museum of the Earth and the Cayuga Nature Center in addition to special access to collections, labs, and other publication discounts. Click here for more details. ASTC passport not included.
- Student Ecphora ($30)
- All the benefits of Ecphora level for our students. ASTC passport not included.
- Explorer ($100)
- All the benefits of Science and Nature level including camp discounts plus 2 extra guests each visit and 2 free admission passes to share with friends; ASTC Passport program benefits
- Naturalist ($250)
- Admission to the Museum of the Earth and the Cayuga Nature Center, discounts on camp programs, all of the Ecphora science-related benefits, 4 extra guests per visit, 5 free passes to share with friends, and 2 free fossil collection trips. ASTC Passport program benefits
Membership dues, excluding Ecphora, are tax-deductible.
Please click here for information on our exclusive Giving Societies.
Agency memberships are part of the Museum’s Community Accessibility Program. Agency memberships are available to select 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations and government agencies offering human and/or social services. This unique membership allows community agencies the opportunity to provide their constituents access to PRI’s Museum of the Earth and the Cayuga Nature Center. A donation of $100 is strongly encouraged, but rarely will a qualifying 501(c)(3) be denied participation. For more information, contact the Membership department at 607-273-6623 x11, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more about monthly events and exhibits at the Museum? Sign up to receive our monthly electronic newsletter by filling out our "Sign Up for Updates" on the home page!